Thursday, March 11, 2010

I accidentally bought an ';extra deep'; fitted sheet. ?

I just purchased a 460 TC queen sheet set. It was on clearance at Ross for $21.99, but when I got home I realized the fitted sheet was ';extra deep';. Since the price was so good for 460 TC, I don't want to return it. I'm thinking about buying sheet straps, but wasn't too sure if it would work. Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions?I accidentally bought an ';extra deep'; fitted sheet. ?
They also sell these little clamps as well. You pull down all the extra fabric under the mattress, and then you slide the clamp over the sheet at the bottom edge of the mattress where there is that seam that sticks out.





Another thing that you could try is washing them in hot water. It may shrink them up a bit.





I'd use them the way they are, personally. The worst that is going to happen is that you're going to have to adjust the bottom sheet in the morning when you make your bed. In my opinion, that's worth saving the $70 or so that you saved on those sheets.I accidentally bought an ';extra deep'; fitted sheet. ?
Chances are that this higher quality sheet set has elastic all the way around the bottom edge. If this is true then you can use it even though your mattress is not extra deep. The elastic will snug the sheet up enough not to loosen on your mattress. My daughter had a regular twin size mattress in her first dorm, but the University told us that the upper class dorms had extra long beds. They told us to buy the extra long sheets even for the regular beds. They did work and I didn't have to buy more sheets. They worked for all 4 years. From my experience, straps don't work at all. Enjoy that thread count!
yes those sheet strap thingys work great for that!


unless you can sew then im sure theres a way to fix it to fit better

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about fitted bed sheets queen size bed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi helen. Nope..neither john lewis nor m&s sell one that fits a 6". I mean they sell ones that will go over a 6" mattress, but there is about 4" overhang (they are 10" deep) which means over the course of a night the fitted sheets scrunches up on the top and i am left with a whole lot of loose sheet on my bed. I want one that fits tightly.

    ReplyDelete