Saturday, March 13, 2010

Will a twin fitted sheet fit a twin xl mattress?

The twin sheets that I have are for deep mattresses, but I will need them to fit a twin xl mattress. I'm also wondering if those elastic sheet grippers that I have seen in stores will remedy any potential problems.


Here is the link to the product (for reference):


http://www.asale-today1.net/c51508d4/sav鈥?/a>





Please only answer if you have ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with this situation as I already know the differences in dimensions of twin vs. twin xl sheets, but would like to hear from anyone that has personally attempted to fit a twin sheet onto a twin xl mattress.Will a twin fitted sheet fit a twin xl mattress?
Yes they should fit, if not, the elastic corner strips work wonders. We have a deep QUEEN size matress the sheet we bought wouldn't fit right so we had to buy the straps and they are little miraclesWill a twin fitted sheet fit a twin xl mattress?
My son`s mattress was thicker than the norm.


My normal sheets did not fit it. They kept popping off, I resorted to safety pins at the corners. I guess it would be different if it was the bed being longer, but still having the deep sheets. I would think it would sure hold it on taunt!!


I have tried the elastic bands that clip from corner to corner. They worked OK on my mattress where the protector was losing it`s elasticity, but not for his over sized (thick) mattress.
Hmm moving into a dorm?





Well, the twin xl mattresses are slimmer and longer than the regular twin mattresses. Twin sheets will fit if you use those elastic sheet grippers.
yes they will fit, get good quality sheets though 400 ct. cotton for starters, they're always extra roomy.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these sheets! I bought my husband a sheet and myself loves them too. I highly recommend them especially if 100% cotton is a necessity for you. it is very difficult to find sheets with quality cotton, fit deep mattresses and simply they are an exceptional value.
    Website:- twin xl deep pocket sheets

    ReplyDelete