Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fitted sheet for baby's crib?

Right now my son is sleeping in his Moses basket, but I'm trying to figure out this problem with the sheets for his crib before I put him in the crib.





I bought a package safari deal for my son's crib that included a fitted sheet, blanket and bumper pads. I had to literally bend the mattress in order to get the sheet on and the mattress pad doesn't fit with that sheet.





A different sheet (that I received as a shower gift) fits on the mattress and with that sheet I am also able to put the mattress pad on it.





My question is this...should the crib mattress have to be bent in order to put the sheet on it or is a fitted sheet that is snug (without bending mattress to put it on) appropriate?





Maybe I just got a really small sheet with my set.





Thanks for answers.Fitted sheet for baby's crib?
Hmm I mean they are tight but you don't have to bend the mattress, in fact my crib mattress has the reinforced anti-crush sides and trust me nothing would compel that to bend. However crib mattresses are a standard size.





Crib pads are another story, some do not cover the whole mattress for whatever reason? Maybe they are just meant to protect the middle?





Also PLEASE don't use bumper pads. Bumper pads are a hold over from when cribs were so unsafe that a baby's head could get trapped between the slats. In a modern crib the bumper is at best useless and at worst dangerous. If used as directed they are removed before the baby can roll at all, in which case they probably do nothing. However if they are left on once the baby can roll they are a suffocation/SIDS and entanglement risk. Leave them on until the baby can pull himself up and they make it easier to fall out of the crib.








http://babyproducts.about.com/od/recalls鈥?/a>


http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/legislati鈥?/a>


http://www.multiplebirthsfamilies.com/ar鈥?/a>Fitted sheet for baby's crib?
You'll find that alot in cheaper brand sheets.Especially after you wash them one time.They aren't cheap but some times they are worth it in the long run.
They fit really snugly, but I never had to bend the mattress to get them on. Did you buy an extra thick mattress or something? I think they're all standard sizes. maybe the sheets shrank in the wash. I bought some bassinet sheets that did that. If you still have the packaging from the sheets, it should have measurements for the mattress size.
I think so. new stuff sometimes needs to be stretched out.
It sounds like you just got a small sheet - I did that once. I have one sheet that I have to pull and stretch and bend the mattress to get it on but all the other sheets fit just right without having to use strength to get it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment