Thursday, March 11, 2010

Any tips for folding fitted sheets neatly?

I just had a bridal shower and I live in a small apartment, so I'm trying to make room for all my new things. I have a limited amount of space for sheets as well. Anyone know of any tricks for folding fitted sheets? I re-folded all the sheets and they are neater than before but still thick and bulky! HELP!!Any tips for folding fitted sheets neatly?
Here's a video on how to fold a fitted sheet. It does take practice, I confess that I just ball them up and throw them in the blanket chest at the foot of my bed.





http://www.metacafe.com/watch/384148/fol鈥?/a>Any tips for folding fitted sheets neatly?
Try rolling the flat %26amp; fitted sheets up together. Fold each sheet in half or a triple fold for larger sheets. Lay the fitted on top of the flat (so that the flat will be on the outside and tightly roll them up together.
I saw this on Martha Stewart once and started folding my king sized fitted sheets this way because it saves so much space in my linen closet. Fold them in half horizontally. Now fold in all of the sides just to the depth of the sides (or mattress width), use that as a guide to horizontally make folds that width (on king size you get three folds). Then fold across that width (on kings you get four folds) It makes a tidy little square/rectangle depending on the size of sheet you're folding. I think she may still have a drawing on the homekeeping tab on her website. I just watched the video below and that is exactly the steps I use only he has a twin sheet and mine are king.
My grandmother owned a laundromat years ago and I remember watching her fold sheets all the time. She was lightning quick and could fold even fitted sheets perfectly square in less than a minute.





What she did was similar to that video. But, she would only fold the sheet in half initially, with the two fitted corners on one end slipped inside the two fitted corners on the other end. Then she would lay it out and square off the two fitted corners similar to the way the guy in the video squared off the one fitted corner. Then she would take the bottom part that was square and fold it up to the fitted corners and continue folding in different directions until it was about a foot square.





BTW - why would anybody post a video of themselves folding a fitted sheet on the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment