Saturday, March 13, 2010

How do you fold fitted sheets!?

well do you know a website with pictures or something? cuz everytime I try and fold mine they end up looking like a big ball of fabric!!How do you fold fitted sheets!?
pics (fall-colored sheet...and cat!)


http://www.callalillie.com/archives/2005鈥?/a>





diagrams (with a seafoam-colored sheet)


http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?鈥?/a>








no diagram....but easy steps


http://interiordec.about.com/cs/howtos/h鈥?/a>








hahaha...a ';target tutorial';!....w/pics.


http://www.lifehacker.com/software/house鈥?/a>








two girls do it together....pics.


http://www.abc.net.au/tropic/stories/s10鈥?/a>





pics....and a cute little girl...


http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h鈥?/a>








1) relax


2) fold while warm....it makes the chore more comfortingHow do you fold fitted sheets!?
Put the sheet longways on the bed or the couch. Put the corners inside the corners at the opposite end of the sheet. Fold the outside flaps toward the middle, twice so that the meet in the centre. Fold in half longways and then fold as you wish.
very carfully
I just fold it into a big ball of fabric... it's too hard to figure out how to do it the right way
hahah i have that problem too





but the best way is to fold the sheets in half...as best as u can and half again then half again...lol
same here i just roll it up.
take the sheet and fold in half


take the outside half and fold into the inside half


so the fitted parts are laying next to each other. Fold outer side in, upper side down and fold like other sheets.
I think everyone has this problem! You'd think the manufacture's would come up with something. Mine look horrible also when I fold them. I guess just whatever works %26amp; ends up the same size as the folded flat sheet.
As a Home Health Worker I have to fold fitted sheets all the time. I found that the easiest way to make them actually look like folded sheets was to start at the actual corners. There is a seam at each corner to fit the top corner of the mattress--line those corners up straight across from each other--either long side to long side or short to short--then fold the fitted part inside to make a straight edge, once you have straight edges, you can fold them just like the top sheet--at least that's what works for me! Just another tip for sheets--take the folded sheets and place them inside one of the matching pillow cases--keeps the set together and makes it much easier to find the whole thing when it's time to change them as well as keeping them all clean and neatly folded!
Here is the best way I know how to explain it, take the bottom right corner and tuck it in the top right corner, do the same with the bottom left and right, then take the three corners and put them on top of which ever corner you decide to fold them on to, it is corner to corner then all corners tucked on top or under one corner, then finish folding, set on it jump on it smash it then put it away! Good Luck
fold like you would a normal sheet , get hold of the elastic corners and put them together (inside of eachother) and fold and do the sam again,then you will have a nicly folded fitted sheet.
OK - don't tell the guys in my poker group that I told you this, but I saw Martha Stewart do this once when I was home sick...





If you're looking at the sheet, number each corner 1,2,3,4, with the top left corner being 1, and moving clockwise.





Invert the pocket of corner 2 and fit it inside corner 1 like a glove. Reach down and invert corner 3 (which should be over corner 4) and slip it inside corners 2 and 1, respectively. Do the same with corner 4 - so now all the corners are put together like babushka dolls. Lay the sheet on a flat surface (the bed works) and flatten the edges leading to the corners. Fold the top down so the corners are now in the middle and then fold the bottom up to cover the corners. Then fold the left side to the center and the right side over so you have a nice, neat, square.





I actually did it, and for years my wife made me fold the fitted sheets. I never should have shown her how to do it...
Funny you asked. I was just asking my husband the other day why couldn't someone invent a frame of some kind to use for folding fitted sheets! I was taught to lay flat, fold in the corners, fold in half lengthwise and then in half. Martha Stewart knows!
Well, I have this problem too. But I have noticed that if you have a fitted sheet that only has elastic at the head and foot of the sheet - you need to line the elastic up perfectly and mold the corners together - then procede to fold. The sheets that have elastic all the way around the entire sheet - those are a mystery to me. They look horrible when I fold them... Wow, I was just thinking about asking this question on Yahoo 2 days ago....but I forgot! How strange.
What I do is allow the sheet to fold its corners down as it would on a bed and then fold it as I would a normal sheet but with the corners folded to the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment