Thursday, March 11, 2010

How can i keep fitted sheets fitted??

It seems like the more i wash my sheets the looser and looser they get. They don't fit the bed anymore like when i first got them. Any ideas on how to keep them nice and tight?How can i keep fitted sheets fitted??
Check in the housewares departments of your stores....there's a little device that's sold that goes under the mattress....some clips on some crossed elastic...clip the ends to your sheet corners, and it keeps them on the bed, all nice and fitted (these work nicely with flat sheets, too).How can i keep fitted sheets fitted??
Check at any department store in the sheet department. They have these little clips that clip onto the corners of the sheets and go under the mattress and clip on the sheet on the other side at the corners. They look like old-type stocking garters to me. Young people have never seen garters before, but that is what they look like. That way when the elastic goes in the corners of a fitted sheet, you can still hold the sheet on with these garter things.
I never have much luck with the clips underneath the fitted sheet. I switched to a flat sheet after seeing how it was done at a hotel. The bottom sheet is placed at the edge of the headboard giving extra material to tuck in at the foot of the bed, and tuck the rest all around except the top. It rarely is loose in the morning and if it is I simply tuck the sides in and don't have to wrestle with tucking something in between the mattress and headboard.
Most sheet manufacturers are making sheets for deep mattresses, so if you add that issue with repeat washings which will loosen the snappability (yes, that's my own word) of the elastic around the fitted sheet corners, you're gonna end up with loose sheets after a while.





I have counteracted this issue by buying an eggshell mattress topper. Not a complete fix, but that adds more height to my mattress so my sheets fit better.





I have tried those gadgets to keep the sheets on....and they're a pain in the butt. I found them to be more of a hassle then just retucking the sheet in every morning when I make the bed.
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment