Thursday, March 11, 2010

What is the proper way to fold up fitted-sheets?

I once saw this lady take a fitted -sheet and tuck it in a certain way to neatly fold it to be store away. Every time I try to fold one up it seemly looks like I just balled it up in one big mess.What is the proper way to fold up fitted-sheets?
They are a pain. However, I started ignoring the elastic parts and just focusing on the seams and using those. But I can't explain it, so here's a video. And hey, if a guy can do it... :-)What is the proper way to fold up fitted-sheets?
Its always easier with two people.....but...





If you take each fitted corner and let the elastic parts sort of fall inward. The short piece of material both the top and bottom parts ( as if it were layed on the bed) would also be folded inward so you have a square.





Then you fold the right sided ';corners'; which is the top part of the stitched line in half length wise towards the left side. So that leaves you with the length doubled over. You put each sides ';seams'; together respectively .....and then fold length wise a second time.





Next fold from bottom to top....so now all fitted parts are at the same side.....Heres what I do so that they dont ';bunch up';. I then do a quarter fold in using the ';fitted'; ends from outside to the middle to make a nice flat square. Wala!

No comments:

Post a Comment