Thursday, March 11, 2010

How on earth do you properly fold fitted sheets?

No matter what I try, every time I fold a fitted sheet, it looks very sloppy. There seems to be no way to make it look neat. How do I go about folding it correctly?How on earth do you properly fold fitted sheets?
Everybody knows how difficult it is to fold a fitted sheet without unsightly bunching at the corners. Martha Stewart offers simple steps to folding a fitted sheet into a perfect rectangle.








HOW TO FOLD YOUR FITTED SHEETS


Hold the sheet widthwise and point your index fingers into the corners of the sheet.


Bring your fingertips together and match them exactly.


Turn one of the sheet corners over the other.


Put the sheet on a flat surface.


Turn the corners on the bottom over.


Fold the sheet into a rectangle.


Continue to fold until the sheet is the size you want it to be. :)





this site shows pictures...http://www.target.com.au/abouttarget/hom…How on earth do you properly fold fitted sheets?
Your welcome......Thanks.....:)

Report Abuse



Mark E say what? anyway i have a better idea.You wash them and put it right back on the bed.No storing required.

Report Abuse



What I do is imagine I'm wrorking with an odd-shaped bread loaf , and my ';goal'; is then to make it a rectangle with angles. It's easy

Report Abuse



Thanks for that... I always wondered myself. I usually end up throwing them all sloppy into the closet. Thanks.

Report Abuse



Who cares as they are in the closet, unless U have snoopy freinds!

Report Abuse



Wow, that will come in handy! :)

Report Abuse



The website was cool and helpful! Thanks!!

Report Abuse



Step 1) Buy scissors


Step 2) Cut corners





Always works for me!

Report Abuse



Wow, thanks for asking this one...I never knew and I hated how my sheets looked!

Report Abuse



No no no, please don't fold them any longer. Its a sin and a disgrace to humanity.

Report Abuse



I put it right back on my bed after it's been washed. Then I don't even have to worry about it.

Report Abuse



i fold them inside out.. i take the corners from the inside and the sheet folds itself into a perfect rectangle an then fold it like normal

Report Abuse



everybody knows the only correct way to fold a fitted sheet is to ball it up and throw it in the closet.

Report Abuse



Fold it length wise then tuck the corner into the other corners, then fold in half again and put the corners inside the other corners........GOOD LUCK%26gt;
I am entirely convinced that it is utterly impossible to do so. Just fold the thing in half a few times, and let the folds dangle.
Well my momma use to take them to the sofa. Tuck the ends together then fold.. ME? I take 'em out try to tuck and end up doing nothing but wad them up and tossing them in the closet.LOL
With a bit of practice, Fold in half, then fold in half again but away from your body, some how they fold better this way. Now lay on your ironing board and push the corner´s inside .then iron. That´s one way of doing it. An easy way to practice is by putting your sheet on the bed, remove the sheet starting from the top pull it down to the bottom , then lift the other part of the sheet off, tuck in the corners. Lift the sheet %26amp; fold away from you , then fold again lay it back on the bed then fold , and fold again. Hope you understand. So by doing this a couple of times, When you come to iron them , It will be a piece off cake
omg, I wish I knew. I hate folding those %^%26amp;*$)@%26amp;* ! I usually wind up just kinda rolling them up and storing them in my linen closet. They're impossible to fold neatly.
I like to just store all my linens that go together (the top sheet/fitted/shams/pillowcase) in one of the matching pillowcases then no one has to see the ungodly mess I've made with the fitted sheets and everything stays together nice and neat.....
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment